Welcome to your new website!
If you are new to WordPress, these tips may help get you started.
- To edit your site, you need to login. There is a login link at the bottom of your site.
- Once logged in, you will see a black bar at the top of the page. This bar gives you different options depending on the part of the site you are using.
- You will be viewing the Administrators dashboard when you first log in, but you can easily switch between the live site and the dashboard. Simply select “Visit site” or “Dashboard” from the dropdown at the top that displays your site name.
- Once logged in, the live site displays links that let you edit content. (These links are only visible to logged in administrators).
- You will probably want to work through the “Customise” options available from the dashboard at “Appearance > Customise”
(or from the link at the top of the page)
… These options contain most of the options you need to get your site set up the way you want.
- Please make sure you understand:
- How to create a new Post/Page
- The similarities and differences between Posts and Pages,
- Make sure you use the “featured image” option for both.
- Practice adding and removing content to menus.
- Try out adding widgets to different parts of the website.
The above comprise the key skills you need to add and edit content on your website.
- We have tried to make your free site as easy to manage as possible. Additional support is available to upgraded users, please find out more here.